Today, the International Scientific and Practical Conference of the Asia-Pacific Region Mediators «The role and potential of mediation and negotiations in the peaceful settlement of international and private disputes in the Asia-Pacific region» was held at the Far Eastern Federal University.
In 2021, the conference turned out to be the largest mediation conference in Russia with the participation of representatives of various countries.
The conference is organized by the Association of Mediators and Intermediaries of the Asia-Pacific Region, the Ministry of Physical Culture and Sports of Primorsky Krai, the Korean International Mediation Center, FEFU.
The conference raised issues of developing and strengthening global and private partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region through mediation and negotiations. Discussed the modern international system for resolving military, criminal and private disputes in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as the role and potential of mediation and negotiations in the peaceful settlement of global and private disputes in the Asia-Pacific region. Modern technologies and techniques used in mediation and negotiations in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as the use of mediation in arbitration in various legal systems of the Asia-Pacific countries were considered.
The Conference was attended by:
Athita Komindr – Republic of Korea (Head of the UNCITRAL Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific UN);
Lapitsky Igor Konstantinovich – Russia (First Secretary of the Representative Office of the Russian Foreign Ministry in Vladivostok);
Talabaeva Lyudmila Zaumovna – Russia (Russian politician, Senator of the Russian Federation);
Khrabrov Viktor Alexandrovich – Russia (Head of the Main Department of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation for the Primorsky Territory);
Natalia Egorova Alexandrovna – Russia (President of the Primorsky Regional Notary Chamber, Notary of the Vladivostok Notary District);
Prof. Nohyoung Park – Republic of Korea (Chairman of the Board of Directors, Korea International Mediation Centre; Professor, School of Law, Korea University (International Economic Law, International Law, Negotiation and mediation, Cybersecurity and Data Protection);
- Professor Wang, Guiguo – Hong Kong (LLM (Columbia), JSD (Yale), President of Zhejiang University Academy of International Strategy and Law and University Professor of Law, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China; President of International Academy of the Belt and Road; Member of the International Commercial Expert Committee of the People’s Supreme Court of China; Eason-Weinmann Chair of International and Comparative Law Emeritus, School of Law, Tulane University, New Orleans, USA, Chairman of the Hong Kong WTO Research Institute, Chairman of the National Committee (HK) and Titular Member of the International Academy of Comparative Law, former Dean of School of Law and Director of the Centre for Judicial Education and Research, City University of Hong Kong, Vice President of the Chinese Society of International Economic Law, and an arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, Beijing Arbitration Commission, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, Panel of Arbitrators of Korean Commercial Arbitration Board and Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei);
- Professor Rajesh Sharma – Australia (Senior Lecturer, Legal and Dispute Studies, Criminology and Justice, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, Adjunct Professor at Academy of International Dispute Resolution and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN), Associate Director of the Hong Kong WTO Research Institute, a member of Asian WTO Research Network; a panel arbitrator of Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (KCAB), a panel arbitrator at Indian Institutes of Arbitrators, a member and secretary of Hong Kong Basic Law Education Association, a member of the Centre for Global Studies and a Researcher at China-Latin America Legal Research Centre, Shanghai, Research Fellow of the International Academy of Belt and Road, a member of the Drafting Committee of the Dispute Resolution Rules for the Belt and Road, a member of the Working Group for the establishment of Asian Regional Mediation Organization (ARMO) and a member of the Drafting Committee for the Rules of Mediation for ARMO and lead drafter of the Arbitration Rules of Asia Pacific Centre for Arbitration and Mediation, the International Expert Mediator at the Hong Kong-Mainland Joint Mediation Centre and Japan International Mediation Centre-Kyoto, Associate Member of Academy of Comparative Law);
- Robert Rhodes QC – Great Britain (Member of the Bar Council of England & Wales, Master of the Bench of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, Member of numerous arbitration/mediation panels worldwide, including: Bar Council panels of arbitrators, mediators and experts, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ Business Arbitration Scheme, Court of Arbitration for Art, Rotterdam, Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center, Hong Kong, International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute, Beijing Arbitration Commission, Panel of Mediators of the International Commercial Mediation Center for Belt & Road Initiative, Beijing, Japan International Mediation Center in Kyoto (“JIMC-Kyoto”), AABD (Brunei), Chinese Arbitration Commission, Taipei, Thailand Arbitration Institute, Arbitration & Mediation Court of the Caribbean, International Court of Arbitration for Sport, Switzerland);
- Lykova Natalia – Russia (President of the Association of Mediators and Intermediaries of the Asia-Pacific Region, General Director of Vincere LLC, Mediator of the Korean International Mediation Center, arbitrator of the Russian Arbitration Center of the Russian Institute of Modern Arbitration, arbitrator of the fifth Harbin Arbitration Commission, professional mediator, expert of the Office of the Commissioner for the Protection of Entrepreneurs’ Rights in the Primorsky Territory, member of the Mediation Commission of the Primorsky Regional Branch of the Association of Lawyers of Russia);
- Dr. Aman Hingorani – India (Advocate & Mediator, Supreme Court of India and Delhi High Court; Arbitrator, PHD Chambers of Commerce & Industry, New Delhi; Member, Board of Mentors, Masters (Executive) in Mediation & Conflict Resolution, Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai; International Advocacy and Mediation Skills Trainer; Author, Unravelling the Kashmir Knot (SAGE));
Avv. Giovanni Catanzaro – Italy (Studio Legale Avv. Giovanni Catanzaro- Attorney at Law);
- John Chigbu, Esq – USA (Managing Partner of Chigbu & Co, LLP);
- Mr. Şafak Herdem – Turkey (Managing Partner of HERDEM Attorneys at Law);
- Samantha Mathieu – Germany (Lawyer at the German Legal Bar of Berlin, Germany, AI Advocatur Lawyer in private practice Advises on Intellectual Property matters, specialist in CCM and M&A);
Prisekina Natalia Gennadyevna – Russia (LL.M. (US), Ph.D. in Law, MCIArb, Vice Dean on Research and Innovations, School of Law, Far Eastern Federal University; Professor of International Public and Private Law, School of Law, Far Eastern Federal University; Partner and Head of the Russian Far Eastern Office of «Pepeliaev Group» law firm.);
- Federico Antich – Italy (LLM, MCIArb, IMI Certified Mediator and Mediation Advocate, CEDR International Mediator, Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators, President of the Italian Chapter of the Mediation Center of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Middle East);
- Eric J. Jiang – China (LL.B., M.J.S., LL.M., J.D., Senior Partner, Jurisino Law Group, Licensed Lawyer (All Mainland Provinces/China), Attorney at Law (New York/U.S.A.), Barrister & Solicitor (Ontario/Canada), Notary Public (Ontario/Canada));
- Reema Bhandari – India (Dispute Resolution Consultant, Advocate & Mediator Supreme Court of India, Accredited Trainer for Mediators (under MCPC – Mediation & Conciliation Project Committee of Supreme Court of India), Assistant Treasurer, SAARC LAW (India), Ex-Executive Member of Supreme Court Bar Association);
- Professor Shusuke KAKIUCHI – Japan (Professor of Law, Graduate Schools for Law and Politics, the University of Tokyo);
Denis Stanislavovich Belkin – Russia (Head of the Office of the Commissioner for Human Rights in Primorsky Krai);
- Michael Åblad – Swedish (Master of Laws L.L.M., Founder and Senior Partner of Lawfirm Åblad, Member of The International Bar Association- IBA, Member of The Swiss China Law Association – SCLA, Member of Alpha Universal – World Trade Lawyers);
- Alessandra Nascimento S. F. Mourão – Brazil (Professor of Law – Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil) and Católica Law School (Portugal));
- Jacob George Panickasseril – India (Assistant Professor School of Law, Bennett University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, LL.M., LL.B.);
- Natalia Chekhovskaya – Russia (business consultant of the Olga Statsenko Business Academy, psychologist of the Institute of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychology, Mediator of the Association of Mediators and Intermediaries of the APR);
- Katarina Piskunovich – Russia (Case Manager of Russian Arbitration Center at the Russian Institute of Modern Arbitration, member of the working group of the Russian Arbitration Center on Mediation, representative of Russia at the Campaign for Greener Arbitrations).
The conference was held in full-time and in absentia. All sanitary and epidemiological precautions in connection with the prevention of the spread of covid-19 within the framework of the conference were observed.